Address: Riches House Suites 3 & 101 Riches Road Ilford, Essex. IG1 1JH
secure, community, forensic services, Education, training & employment, support, mentoring, advice, housing, counselling, community, custody
Individuals with a forensic history, including those assessed as high risk high harm. The organisation currently do a lot of work in HMP Holloway.
Re-Start involves its service users in the delivery of services; for example, ex-offenders, survivors of domestic violence and service users with mental health issues. Actually employing ex-offenders means that Re-Start “walks its own talk” and this has earned respect from employers who can experience examples of people who have experienced the criminal justice system as offenders, but who, not only are not offending – but committed to putting their skills to work for social benefit. It earns respect with programme participants – they know they are understood, accepted and respected. Indeed, this gives us the unique ability to gain the trust of, access to, and insight from offenders within the criminal justice system.
Services include :
- Following receipt of referrals – Comprehensive Assessments of Need undertaken by social work students under supervision of a qualified social worker / psychologists. This is then followed up by a Care Plan.
- Support to service users available around the clock – including a unique out of hours’ telephone crisis intervention service.
- Drop-in / day centre type support for groups, e.g. people lacking confidence and self-esteem.
- A helpline which provides information and support
- A one-to-one counselling service – under supervision of a qualified social worker / psychologists.
- Structured Recovery home visits
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy / Solution Focused Brief Therapy / Recovery and Counselling Service
- Support and information/signposting for parents whose children have anxieties
- A training programme specialising in the area of social work. Working in partnership with statutory agencies and professionals
Opening / Clinic Times
09:00 – 17:00 – Mon – Fri
0208 911 7047
Access to Service
Referrals can be made by either professional or offender. Forms should be emailed to Moinul Khalique at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riches House Suites 3 & 101 Riches Road Ilford, Essex. IG1 1JH