Address: Rampton Hospital, Retford, Nottinghamshire DN22 0PD
Secure, Specialist, Forensic, Assessment, Therapy
In‐patient mental health service for patients detainable under the Mental Health Act and who present a grave and immediate risk to others and cannot be appropriately managed in conditions of lesser security.
- The person needs to be detainable under the Mental Health Act by virtue of having a mental disorder of a nature and/or degree that justifies detention in hospital
- Appropriate treatment needs to be available
- The person must present a grave and immediate risk to others that could not be safely managed in a Medium Secure Hospital
– Psychopharmacy aligned to the Mental Disorder and mental health needs
- Ongoing mental state examination and monitoring
- Offence / risk formulation
- Psychological interventions: CAT, Schema, DBT, Specific Trauma/Self Injury
Interventions, CBT, Offence‐specific interventions such as Arson, Engagement/Motivational
- Occupational Therapy: Individual / Group interventions to underpin the specialist treatment programmes by developing / enhancing functional skills. For example: Range of assessments such as AMPS (Assessment of Motor and Process Skills); Social Skill, Work Skills, Personal recovery portfolio work; Healthy Lifestyle work; sensory integration; and, pre‐discharge work
- Specialist Services: Speech & Language Therapy, Dietician, Physiotherapy, etc.
- The hospital also provides a G.P. Service.
Opening / Clinic Times
09:00 – 17:00 – Mon – Fri
Access to Service
Rampton Hospital, Retford, Nottinghamshire DN22 0PD